Our inpatient pediatric unit is a state-of-the-art nursing unit providing excellent quality care to children with varied neuromusculoskeletal conditions. Surgical interventions may vary from simple to complex conditions (e. g. reduction of fractures, osteotomies, anterior and posterior spinal fusions, correction of spinal deformities) done by our world-renowned professional orthopaedic surgeons. Our patients come from all over the country to receive our highly skilled care. Optimal patient outcomes are achieved through the great teamwork and collaboration of a cohesive pediatric interdisciplinary team. Excellence is the gold standard in pediatrics, and this is shown in our Patient Satisfaction Scores through our Press Ganey Survey.
- Inpatient Pediatrics (8 North) is a 13 bed capacity, with 4 cardiac monitors that provides higher level of care to our post surgical complex cases including moderate sedation. We also have
- Emergency Boselaw cart
- Medication carts with built in computers for timely drug documentation
- Wall-mounted suction
- Brand new Hill-Rom beds and parents sleeping furniture, TV, DVD with patient and family education materials online
The children’s playroom area was designed for children and parents to bond with each other throughout their hospitalization. Tea time for parents and Yummy Thursday Special is being held in the playroom area. Arts and crafts, painting and other children’s activities with Child Life Therapists are done in this area. The unit provides patient and family to utilize the refrigerator and microwave oven which is easily accessible to them in the unit. Every room/bed has TV with remote control and our Hill-Rom beds with panic button in case of any medical emergency.
We look for the following qualities in our staff"
- Pediatric experienced required and preferably with experience in the care of patient in a monitored setting
- Must be compassionate and caring who has the passion and love to care for children of all ages and varied developmental milestones
- Applicant should have excellent communication skills to deal with multicultural diverse patient population as well as interacting with the healthcare team
Nurse Manager: Thelma S. Diago BSN RN