Areas of Expertise
The purpose of Immediate Care is to provide an environment where pediatric and adult patients who have musculoskeletal injuries can receive care on a walk in basis. We deliver care via specialized nursing and medical expertise to this population. The goal of the center is to provide excellent care to patients in a timely and efficient manner.
The care of these patients is a collaborative effort involving Registered Nurses, Attending Surgical and Emergency Department Physicians, Orthopaedic Residents and ancillary support staff as needed (i.e. Social Services, Radiology). A Nurse Manager oversees care on this unit. Nursing Attendants and Financial Registrars are assigned to this unit. There are six examining rooms and one X-ray suite.
The following qualities are are desired for any nurse who wishes to work in the Immediate Care Unit:
- Previous Critical Care Experience
- Experience with moderate sedation
- Excellent IV insertion skills
- Strong assessment and critical thinking skills
- Ability to positively communicate and interact with all members of the care team.
Nurse Manager: Brunilda Pagan BSN,RN